Stay up to date on all of our info by joining us on Facebook
and texting [email protected]' to 81010 to register with Remind 101 for our Blue Devil Band text alerts!
2015-16 WEST HAVEN HIGH SCHOOL BAND NEWS:
Practice Makes Perfect: Please be sure to mark your calendars for all of our evening rehearsals (dates listed below). We have limited access to the football field and/or auditorium during the school day. Rehearsals are mandatory and all absences must be reported in advance and written documentation must be submitted within a week of the rehearsal missed. Please refer to our Grading Policy in the 'Forms and Documents' section of our website for more information.
Summer Rehearsals: Dates are set/Times are subject to change based on field availability. *Rehearsals are graded and mandatory
- Color Guard: Aug 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25 from 9am-12pm
- All Musicians (in sectionals): Aug 10, 11, 12 from 12-3pm
- All Musicians (field rehearsal): Aug 15-19 from 3-6pm
- All Musicians (field rehearsal): Aug 22-26 from 5-8:30pm
*All rehearsals are 'open rehearsals' and parents/guardians are welcome to stop by.
Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!: Be sure to mark your calendars and join us for our upcoming performances. Please check the 'Marching Band', 'Concert Band' and 'Dates to Remember' pages for more information regarding call times, concert dress, admission etc.
- Friday, 9/9: Away at Hamden (Pep Band)
- Friday, 9/16: Away at Xavier (Pep Band)
- Friday, 9/23: Home vs. Career (Full Band)
- Friday, 9/30: Home vs. Cheshire (Full Band)
- Friday, 10/7: Home vs. Amity (Full Band)
- Friday, 10/21: Away at Notre Dame (Full Band, no field show)
- Friday, 10/28: Home vs. North Haven (Full Band)
- Friday, 11/4: Away at Hand (Pep Band)
- Friday, 11/11: Away at Shelton (Pep Band)
- Thursday, 11/24: Thanksgiving vs. Fairfield (Full Band)
Evening Rehearsals: *All evening rehearsals are mandatory and graded
- 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28: 6-8:30pm
- 10/5, 10/25: 6-8:30pm
- 11/16, 11/22: 6-8:30pm
Help Us to Help Others: The WHHS Blue Devil Band will be collecting donations for the West Haven Animal Shelter and WHEAT at our annual Holiday Concert. Please help us to help others in need this holiday season.
Dates to Remember: Please be sure to check our 'Dates to Remember' section of our webpage for all of our rehearsals and performances. We have a very schedule and we need to make sure that we are all on the same page in terms of our schedules. Performances are mandatory. All absences must be reported in advance and written documentation must be submitted within a week of the rehearsal missed. Please refer to the 'Forms and Documents' section of our website for more information regarding our Grading Policy. Please also be proactive in determining and identifying conflicts and contact Ms. "M." as soon as any problems arise.
WHHS Band Parents Association: Our WHHSBPA meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm in the WHHS Band Room. Please check out the BPA section of our website for a full list of this year's meetings as well as contact information for this year's executive board. All Band Families are welcome and we need everyone's assistance to make this year a success. Please join us and share your thoughts, concerns, and ideas. Membership dues are $10.00 per family. Membership entitles you to a $1.00 discount on all WHHS Band Concert tickets throughout the year.
UPCOMING EVENTS for 2016-2017: